The La Crosse Jaycees and the La Crosse Jaycees Foundation partner to offer one $1,000 scholarship each year to a La Crosse Area high school senior (schools included: Logan, Central, Aquinas, 7 Rivers, Onalaska, Onalaska Luther, Holmen, West Salem, G-E-T, Melrose/Mindoro, and Bangor). They are presented in May at the scholarship awards ceremony at the recipient’s school. Selection is based on community involvement, community service, leadership roles, and volunteer activities. Each applicant must complete the application form, write an essay stating career and educational objective(s), explain how the Jaycee Creed relates to his/her own values and vision, and submit at least two letters of recommendation from teacher, coach, school counselor, employer, etc.
Congrats to the 2019 recipient: Alexa Breske – Holmen High School
The application form becomes available in February each year.
- That Faith in God gives meaning and purpose to human life;
- That the brotherhood of men transcends the sovereignty of nations;
- That economic justice can best be won by free men through free enterprise;
- That government should be of laws rather than of men;
- That earth’s greatest treasure lies in human personality;
- And that service to humanity is the best work of life!